Some of the changes:
- Daron moved back to Battle Creek to the VA facility.
- This change effects everyone in the family. The VA facility is now 1 hour away & that makes it difficult for Taylor & I to visit on a regular basis. However, Daron has more options of activities to do & he was given a job in the laundry room. Daron's health is still slowly declining. His mental capacities are a day by day sort of thing. It really depends on the day as to how clear of mind he is.
- Taylor started 5th grade.
- He is at the same school as last year & he is thriving. I am so glad I made this move last school year. He is treated like a 5th grade boy & he enjoys that. He is part of an after school program this year & he has his moments with it, but it is a good fit for him.
- I started a new job at the start of the school year......& then switched jobs in November.
- I started the year working at our Middle School & I loved the atmosphere there. Then the elementary school kitchen that I worked at last school year (Taylor's school) became available, so I applied for that position. I got that job & changed positions at the beginning of November. I love going to work every day!! I consider all 300+ students at the school "my kids" (most of them even call me mom when they see me). I also started serving supper to the after school program at the elementary school as well. I couldn't be happier with my job & taking care of all of the amazing kids there.